Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

I know Thanksgiving is a time for remembering and being thankful. To be perfectly honest, which I can and will be since this is, after all, our blog, I always found it kind of hokey to be all gushy about being particularly thankful around Thanksgiving. I'm not saying it's wrong, I just had a hard time with the whole "let's list lots of things we're thankful for, since it is Thanksgiving today." I'm more all about being spontaneously thankful.

I feel like a Thanksgiving scrooge, though, when everyone is sitting around talking about all the things they're thankful for, and I'm "ummming" and "uhhhing." Yes, I have tons and tons of things to be thankful for, but put some pressure on me and I can't think of any of them. Add to that the stress of wondering what other people are going to think of the things I list off, and I just shut down. "Gee, I forgot to list family. Will they think I'm not thankful for my family? What about my health? Ooooh Mr. So and So just mentioned being thankful for XYZ. How am I going to top that?? Will people think that what I list is stupid?" You get the idea.

So, to those of you out there who HAVE spent a Thanksgiving with me, please know that I, Corrie, am not, in fact a Thanksgiving scrooge. I just hate being put on the spot.

However, without further ado, here are some things I am thankful for RIGHT NOW:
-my husband
-my kids; or, to be more precise, the fact that my kids are currently sleeping, and it is quiet and peaceful and I can blog
-my friends Pam and Renee
-that our water bill is a flat 30,000KRW a month, no matter how much we use
-my comfy comfy bed

No comments:

Post a Comment