Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Who owns what?

Do you own your stuff or does your stuff own you? We live in a small apartment. I think I heard that it's approx. 900 sq.ft, and that includes the front and back "porches." On one hand, we really feel like we don't own a whole lot of stuff. But on the other hand, we feel like we do. Even though my kids don't have most of the "newest" and "biggest" toys, I still pick up puzzle pieces and plastic blocks every day. (Yes, Max DOES help us, but if she's just picked them all up, and her brother has dumped them out again, I'm not going to make her pick them up again.) There are still toys they don't play with (although I can guarantee that if I so much as THINK about giving a certain toy away, they'll start playing with it again. And I'm not even talking about what happens when they SEE toys being given away!!!)

Also, I just decided, although I have thought this several times in the past, that if it doesn't get worn, used, read, or watched before we move again, it's NOT going with us. With a few exceptions, of course. Always exceptions....

I'll be back with more on this later, I'm sure, but before I go, I wanted to make sure and share the blog that is currently inspiring me to get rid of more stuff: Miss Minimalist

No comments:

Post a Comment